Sunday, June 1, 2008

UPDATERS

It's been a minute or two since i posted something on here, so here we go with a little update on things. Well my big computer crashed on me and I'm not sure what the problem is, i haven't had time or money to try to figure it out yet. So i am stuck with the laptop for awhile which is OK but i hate typing on this thing. Last weekend was a 3 day one because of memorial day, it lead to a few bbqs, some Wii bowling, drinking at Ragtag, Flatbranch parties, and the viewing of the new Indiana Jones movie (which sucked). George Lucas and Stephen Spielberg ruined this movie for me, the script was bad, and so was the CGI. WHATEVER, moving on. I also saw Prince Caspian somewhere in my time off from blogging, and i actually like that. I am kind of fascinated by all the hidden religious message in the Chronicles of Narnia, and how they try to brainwash children. I read these books growing up, and watched all the BBC versions of the movies. So i am pretty into the new ones as well. They are a little childish (but they are children's books after all), however the fight scenes are rad, are up there with Lord of The Rings and Star Wars.

I own a house with my brother, and he has decided to move to Austin, TX, so in a few weeks it will be all mine (well kind of). So i have spent the last week or so, and will spend another month or so fixing things up, painting, buying new things etc. to get the house up to par. Basically just giving it the changes that it needs. Last weekend my parents and i went shopping for furniture (this was a first for me) all my furniture has always been hand me downs, or stuff i got from garage sales or goodwill, or found in the garbage. It has worked thus far, but having nice matching furniture is sweet too. My parents decided to be very generous and buy me a new living room set, a new bed, and new kitchen table, as well as a bunch of other shit for my house. I will probably be buying the new tv and Wii. So i am set for now and have been working on putting all that together and organizing things, painting, and just plain going nuts with the house work. It is coming together very nicely. I am aiming to have things done around the 4th of July and maybe have a bbq house warming party.

I screen printed some Prozac Memory (remember that band anyone?) shirts the other day, they turned out great. Friday i woke up feeling awful and puked 3 times before going to work. I went to work and had puked another 3 times before 9am, then 2 more by 11am. I asked to go home bu my boss wanted me to print 900 shirts (3 colors) before i left. I asked if there was something smaller i could do, and he found me something. The power went out and fucked things up, and it was around 90 degrees in the shop. I was getting dizzy and dehydrated. I finished my work and went home i slept from 11:30 am on Friday until 8am on Saturday. I woke up feeling better, not sure what the fuck i had. I worked on the house a bit and then met up with some people who could get me into the Death Cab For Cutie show. I used to love Death Cab, but kind of have grown past them, but i figured if it was free it would be worth going too. It was going to be outside but it was pouring down rain (it ended up still being outside). So we went to Addisons for dinner and then went to the show, there was a line that went around the block, tickets were $25 and there was a 2500 people limit for the show (i think it sold out). I saw kids that were 10 and adults in their 60's all singing along to Death Cabs hits. It was very weird. Not a bad show, with Rogue Wave opening things up, it was also very pleasant to be outside and the rain had cooled things off. I was still feeling the effects of being sick from the day before so i took it easy and was even home before 1am. My brother was having a going away party up the street at Eastside with 3 metal bands, i didn't go.

Other news: My good friend Dave Denman moved to Orange, California this week. I will miss Dave and his awesome dog Max a lot. Hopefully i can plan a trip out there sometime and visit. Bald Eagle got a song (Those Are Cobras, Man) picked up by Microsoft Zune, to be used for Internet advertising and viral campaign or something. Anyhow it is a big licensing deal and we will see some money from it. Tomorrow is my moms birthday, happy birthday mom. That's all for now.

No comments: